Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer. As a completely odorless and colorless gas, it is impossible to detect it in your home without a carbon monoxide detector. If it is inhaled for a long enough, it displaces the oxygen in your blood and deprives the heart, brain, and other vital organs of oxygen. In fact, in large amounts, carbon monoxide can overcome a person in minutes and cause one to lose consciousness and suffocate. One very common way carbon monoxide enters your home is through malfunctioning gas furnaces, so today our team at Quality Plumbing & Heating Inc. are discussing the best ways to protect your family from the deadly gas.