Most homeowners are well aware of the signs of a blocked sewer line: slow drain, constant clogging, and foul-smelling odors. What most homeowners are not well aware of, is what to do about it. Our team at Quality Plumbing & Heating Inc. has your answer: call us! We make sewer line repairs a breeze with our professional sewer camera inspections. The results of this visual inspection can assist in pinpointing specific issues within the sewer system itself. Read on to learn more!
What Do Sewer Line Inspection Cameras Do?A sewer line inspection camera is basically a long, robotic snake with a tiny camera at the end. It allows plumbers to have a real-time look at what’s going on in your pipes. Because of the camera’s ability to bend and twist around the curves of your pipes, plumbers are able to locate and diagnose problems that they could have only guessed at without the camera.
How Does the Camera Work?One of the experts at QPH will insert the flexible rod holding the camera into the offending drain or pipe so that the camera can broadcast everything to a small screen for the plumber to see. Bright LED lights are attached to the rod, allowing the camera to see even in the darkest of places. They will record the entire process so they can go back and locate the issue when they repair it.
What Type of Problems Can the Camera Find?
The most common problems our professionals find with the sewer line camera are:
- Pipe Issues – over time, pipes can shift at odd angles, making them vulnerable to cracks or misalignment
- Tree Roots – tree roots can sometimes grow into a sewer line
- Corrosion – modern pipes are made from PVC and are not likely to experience corrosion, but older metal pipes are prone to it.
- Blockages – there are countless ways that a pipe can become blocked; using a camera can locate exactly where that blockage is to make it easier to remove.
- Leaks – cameras also can find leaks in pipes, making repairs faster and easier to undertake.
The best solution for sewer line cleaning and repair services in the Kokomo, IN, area is Quality Plumbing & Heating Inc. Contact us today at (765) 450-4008 or request service online anytime!